Thursday, April 3, 2008

Project Change

I've changed my mind on my project. I've decided that I want to write and portray refugee camps. The graphic novel Palestine does a great job showing the reality of Palestinian refugee camps (the way they look and feel). I have some family that have been refugees and others that lived similarly to the way Sacco portrays the camp. So, as a tribute to them I would like to research refugee camps for my paper... Maybe I'll focus on how refugees are outcasts of a system (like Pecola or the black community in To Kill a Mockingbird...not sure if I'll use this though).
I feel this is a more focused subject and I have more ideas on what I can do for this project.
Refugee camps make me so angry, because the reason why people are in them is so darn unfair. They have a cold feeling to them.

No comments: