Thursday, April 3, 2008

Paper (Project) #4

I would like to use some of the literature we've used in class, because I have been familiarized with it. Yet, I don't see how any of the novels relate to my theme, which I'm not quite sure of what it really is. I'm considering discussing how the name of conflict changes, but the idea or principle behind it rarely does. War is about one nation conquering another. The goal is not only to conquer land however, but also the ways of it's people. It is an attempt to have one nation cooperate and surrender its resources so that the conquerer may use these resources as well.
Ah, a light bulb just wet on! Sacco's graphic novel Palestine in a sense discusses this; it's not discussed directly, but its theme is of a war conflict.
Now, another question: How much will I focus on? Just American attempted conquering? (turn of the century- "saving our little brown brothers," protecting ourselves from the "domino effect,"(1960's), etc...) Or should I focus on different cultures/countries each do the same thing... I think I'll go with the latter.
I th

No comments: